Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Ornaments..

I finished making some ornaments for our Christmas tree. It's going to be our first Christmas here in Sydney. Though I will miss celebrating with my family back in the Philippines (with all the delicious food and neverending parties), I'm a bit excited to plan how we will celebrate it here. :) 

First in my plans is to make handmade ornaments that Liam would love! I accomplished that and here they are...

pic by marlon 

pic by marlon

pic by marlon 

The little blue whale was Liam's request. :D
(I based some of the animals on the work of  ClayQts of Etsy)

I also made some poisenttia flowers out of felt. They are very easy to make. 



Here's how I made them: 

 Prepare your green, white, cream and red felt.


I made a circular base where I attached all the parts. 


Cut your petals. (just make a cardboard pattern so that all your petals will have the same size)





Cut your pointy leaves. (just also make a cardboard pattern for the leaf)





Sew them all together and put some gold beads in the middle and Ta-dah! Finished! :)

I'm excited to decorate the tree with Marlon and Liam! 

For next week, I'll be making a handmade jewelry box. :)

Have a good weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment